Planning permission and Listed Building Consent were granted for the residential development at Moor Place, Much Hadham, in November 2012 for a total of 15 residential units. The development was completed in 2015.
The proposed redevelopment includes:
- Renovation of 4 existing dwellings;
- Residential conversion of agricultural buildings to provide 7 new dwellings, including Barn Conversions and the Grade II * Listed Stable Block;
- Erection of 3 new dwellings and 1 estate worker residential unit;
- Demolition of modern agricultural structures; and
- Associated parking (38 spaces), landscaping and publicly accessible parkland with nature area.
The development has been designed to make efficient use of the site while blending with the surrounding landscape, to reflect the historic character of the farmyard and minimise visual impact of new structures on site. Within the farmyard, the proposed layout is determined by the position of the heritage buildings on site as well as the footprints of existing estate buildings and historic pattern of the farmyard’s two key ‘streets’.